[tcb] Window A/C units mounted in your bus?

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of Buses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:42:11 -0500

Hey everyone,
As you may or may not know, we camped at Lake Somerville this weekend
(all sick with a cold - yuck).
On Saturday, when we were trying to put Gray down for a nap, it was so
hot in the van that it just wasn't gonna happen.
The window unit that we have installed is a 6,500 BTU Haier unit.  Now
either this unit completely sucks, or cooling a Vanagon in the heat of
the day is an impossible proposition.
So, my question is this to all you window mounted A/C people.
Does your air conditioner allow you to stay uber-cool in the heat of the
day inside your vehicle?

Eric