[tcb] Re: Will $4 gas kill Psycoblooie?

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:42:48 -0800 (PST)

I'll tell all the swap vendors to clean their parts.

Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  We are coming to the Nac show in
Emily's Cabrio. It gets 28 mpg compared to the Vanagon at 18-19mpg or the chevy
truck at 16mpg. Sorry I won't be there in the Vanagon to support the TCB but we
will be there with our TCB shirts on. On the plus side, I can't buy a lot of
parts to bring home either because she won't let me put "dirty" stuff in the
trunk.

sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Oh how the world
changes.  When I was in college as an undergrad I commuted 60 miles round trip
every day 5 days a week.  Had a new 61 VW and budgeted $2 per week for gas.
31-33 miles per gallon and gas cost 17 cents per gallon.  It cost me about
$1.70 per week to commute and left 30 cents for gas to play around on the
weekend.

  Last summer I trailered the Aussie car to the funfest show in IL and then
came home and trailered the Bakery Bus to the Cal Classic the following
weekend.  In approximately 12 days time we ran through almost $1,300 for just
gas.

  There are not going to be many trailered shows for me this year.  That tow
truck just sucks too much gas and I am trying to really budget my driving.  And
I agree with Will.  How high does gas have to get before people get the message
to slow down and drive less?

  But everyone plan on coming to Nacogdoches for the show before gas prices go
up for the rest of the year.

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
          Ignoring all the social upheaval, that will happen with $4 a gallon
gas, what will it do to the good shows that are travel adventures? The Texas
Classic (April 19 - 20), Nac (March 29), Bulli Brigade (Nov 10), Busses Nowhere
Near the Arch, T@P all require lots of travel for me. The only ones I will be
able to cheaply attend are Eureka Springs and Psycoblooie.

  If I bring Murray on the trailer (and you all will, eventually need the
trailer) I get 17MPG. T@P is 470 miles one way.940 miles round trip. What will
that cost at $4 a gallon? Last time I checked Murray he got 24.7 miles

  I am depressed.