[tcb] Re: Where are Peter and Kirk

  • From: "Shelby Shook" <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 12:21:21 -0800

Sounds like a really good adventure to me.

-Shelby

On 3/11/07, Peter Albarian <pcalbar@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Dan and all,

Kirk and I got to my brother's house in Orange County, CA last night at
11:00pm; 21 hours after we left SA.  The dream Bus that we now own as of
this afternoon is a 1954 Deluxe.  It is mostly complete and will take some
effort to get it to where we want it...a nice driver.  It has been about 35
years since last being on the road, so we have our work cut out for
us.  It's on our trailer and will be safely tucked away as soon as we finish
the marathon trip home.

A fringe benefit of our trip was a personal tour of Charlie Hamill's
unbelievable Bus collection by the legend himself.  Any of you that know who
Charlie is, know what a special opportunity this tour truely was for Kirk
and I.  We have never seen 1% of that many NOS and super rare parts and
super low milage unrestored T2s.  His all NOS clamped together '56
double-door panel is something that has to be seen to believed.

Our long drive back begins tomorrow,

Peter & Kirk

BlackBerry service provided by Nextel