[tcb] Re: What's next?

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 08:57:05 -0500

Ronnie:
Check the idle circuit jets in those )(*^(*&^*(&^ carbs.
Sammie

At 03:07 PM 9/3/2005, you wrote:
She's a still popping.

Here's what I've done so far.
* replaced plugs
* replaced plug wires
* replaced coil
* replaced distributor to a 009 I had
* replaced the points
* was able to gap points at .016 with 009 and the dwell is 47
* timing is 5 past TDC at idle, 27 - 28 at 3,000 RPM
* sprayed WD40 on all intake gaskets while running, no change in RPM
* seems to run smooth at high RPM, but backfires through carbs at idle and misfires
* kadron dual carbs
* changed fuel filter, checked filter built into the fuel pump
* plugged vacuum ports on dual carbs
Any ideas on what to check next?

I guess I'll pull the dual carbs and replace with a stock set-up with a pict 34 to see if it's something in the carbs, but both sides are acting up so it seems like something in the timing.

Mark S. are you working on Monday? If not, it looks like I could use another set of eyes and some new ideas to try.

See ya'll later

Ronnie