[tcb] Re: What to know about Bulli Gras

  • From: Rusty Herring <rustmah1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Texas Coalition of Busses <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 21:29:56 -0600

Bad news or good?the 10 is my b- day.we will be in lost wages!!!i was really
hopeing to go on this campout, but wife has other plans. JUST remember if wife
ain't happy no body is!!!!hope every body has a HAppy New year.looking forward
to some serious bus piloting in 2012......

If it can happen it will hapen to me????
 Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 13:54:50 -0600
Subject: [tcb] Re: What to know about Bulli Gras
From: julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

And the sun does shine too!  And it is fun!  And we cruise to Shrimp 'N Stuff
on Friday night. Tasty!  And some people really dig the parades and partying
and the beads.  And some people enjoy sitting around the bonfire at the camp
ground.  And on Saturday we do a yummy crab boil.  And there is an awesome mini
golf course nearby which I have had fun at.  And last year I found a place to
eat downtown Galveston called Gumbo and it is to die for.

On Dec 31, 2011 1:11 PM, "Katrina Martin" <k.d.martin@xxxxxx> wrote:

Make sure to buy a portable toilet also. I got mine at Sears and I think it's
the best camping purchase I have ever made. When it's cold & windy & dark you
will be very glad u got one.
Also when you have to get into your bus to go to the restroom,cause you can't
walk to it cause it is about a 1/2 mile. Everything in Galveston got washed
away during the hurricane, so they are still rebuilding the park. Bring lots of
snacks & a smile and you should be just fine. There are lots of great
restaurants in Galveston. Fabulous people to hang with. There's usually a
shrimp boil on Saturday. Lots of Mardi Gras celebrations going on to do also.
So how many beads will you go home with???

Katrina
Sent from my iPad
On Dec 31, 2011, at 10:34 AM, Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Rusty asked about Galveston. Bring lots of foul weather gear. I say foul
weather because plain old rain gear just won’t cut it. Put changes of clothes
in plastic bags because everything in your world will be wet by day two.
  Bring galoshes. Put them on before you get out of your bus in the morning.
The park rules say that you can’t park on the grass, which means you are forced
to park in the middle of the small lake that will form during the night. It
will be about 4” deep and COLD.
  Save money for a new E-Z Up because you will find yours in the morning about
fifty yards away in a tangled heap.
The weather will be drizzle with periods of mist and intermittent rain in a
strong cold wind. The food is good and the people are great.