[tcb] Re: What theme should I do?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 01:45:38 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

Sirius Satellite Radio. Rotating stations between:

Blues
Sirius Gold (50's)
60's
70's
Jam On (Jam Bands)
Buzzsaw (Classic hard rock -- not acid hard)
Hard Attack (Acid rock)
Reggae
Standards (Show tunes, broadway, Sinatra, Anka, Crosby, etc)
First Wave (old alternative -- Elvis Costello, B-52's, etc)
Alternative (haven't figured out why it's called that -- it's newer stuff I
hear on non-alt. radio stations)

If I get tired of it and switch to CD's it's usually home compilations of
punk bands that I can't fnd on a radio station or satellite. (Me First and
the Gimme Gimme's, A New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, etc.)

When I install an MP3 player I may carry more music on CD but right now I
like the "turn it on and leave it alone" nature of satellite radio. I don't
like fiddling with CD's while I'm driving and the 80 minute capacity of a
regular audio CD is too limiting. An in car DVD/MP3 player that knows how
to handle an M3U or PLS playlist would be awesome. Fill up a DVD with MP3
files and create playlists of specific types of music. A CD holds about 10
hours of MP3 files -- A DVD would hold closer to 60 hours. Very cool.

Gerald