[tcb] What roads lead to Eureka???

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:33:00 -0500

Okay gang, according to Yahoo Maps it's 591 miles from my house to Eureka
Springs.  That's up I45 to Dallas, then up Hwy 75 towards Dennison, on to
Durant, Ok, then on across Oklahoma on Hwy 69, then east to Arkansas.  It makes
me tired just thinking about all that interstate driving and dodging people
going to Dallas at 85 MPH.
Is that the route you have taken from Houston before or do you do the more
scenic route on Hwy 59, then up Hwy 71 through Arkansas.  About 50 more little
towns to negotiate and probably takes longer, but not as much high speed
dodgeball.

Last year I donated $185 to the Dallas county police fund taking the I-45 route
to Eureka towing my dune buggy.

Any ideas???

Fracdog