[tcb] Re: What material to use for final buffing?

  • From: "Duncan" <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 23:35:00 +0000

Well, I have a good "in" at 3M. ;)
-----Original Message-----
From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:18:57
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: What material to use for final buffing?

First you need a high speed buffer:  Various pads but I prefer the foam ones
and
then various grits of 3m buffing material.  I used 3m 06062 first then finished
with 3m  finese.  But, EPA regs have changed some of the formulations of
buffing
compounds.  What I would do is go to a good auto paint store, ask what they
recommend in terms of pads and buffing material and go with their
recommendations.