[tcb] What kind of gas do you use?

  • From: Dennnis Dosdon <dld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:24:14 -0700 (PDT)

The other day a friend ran out of gas. We got him some and he went on his way.
Then I found out that Jan, my wife, who had gone to the station, had filled up
two containers with gas. One was a gallon and the other was a big 5 gallon that
my friend didn't use. Later my brother in law, Chuck, and I were getting in my
bus to go somewhere and I said that I needed to get gas and he said use that 5
gallon can. I said that I couldn't because I only used premium. The guy who
built my first engine (which blew up) had told me to only use 89 octane and
up.Chuck(who worked for a VW dealer's service department for many years) said
that this regular gas would not hurt anything. I ran the reg and did not notice
any real difference. So here's the question:

I have a 1914cc (79x88?) dual ports with dual Kadrons. Do I need to run premium
gas?