[tcb] What a weekend

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:28:08 -0500

I really thought that only a very few people would be here, welcome to spend
their nights here, I would be working at the show and staying, at least,
Saturday night at the Eureka hotel. Then a bunch of my knucklehead friends
showed up, including Kat and Dan. He is a sneaky MF.

Paul and Joe showed up and the Zone went immediately on my new four post lift
(replacing the floor lift that tried to kill Dan. (Missed him by this much!)
Paul was leaking tranny fluid, well, he wasn't, but his rig was, and we opened
his big Allen nut on the side of the tranny and replaced the fluid he lost on
the way. It took almost a full bottle of fluid. I invited Paul to stay for
dinner, but as he sit in a chair he fell asleep. He had his sunglasses on so he
looked more dead than asleep. He woke up and went to his hotel. He came back
later and Big Balls replaced his seal but it had to be done again, I think
because my air wrench didn't tighten the axle nut enough.

Dan got Homer on the lift to fix his accelerator cable. It was allot easier
than earlier when he got under his bus in 100 degree heat, laying on asphalt
that was just as hot and working on the underside of the engine which was even
hotter.

Steve Big Balls brought a friend, Lloyd, who brought his girlfriend, Lisa. Mike
and his charming wife June were here. Andrew and Debbie came later with my "K"
hard cider in large economy bottles. Leo and his friend, Ed from the Buskatiers
were here. No wolf no wife.
Steve spent 119 straight hours in the theatre watching whatever was on the big
TV.

I spent all my time here with my friends and I didn't get up to the show at all
Friday. When I did show up Saturday, I had no job. I had been asking about a
job at the show for a month and was told Saturday that I didn't get a job
because they knew I wouldn't do it. I am a slacker. A worthless turd. The guy
at Chad's, our local Mom and Pop, told everyone that I don't have a job and he
called me Denise. No matter what problem I have, Dan tells me that I have been
that way since he met me.

I need to work on my image.

I am going to try to get Murray in shape to go to Busses Nowhere Near The Arch
this weekend. Maybe I'll make some new friends who don't know me well enough to
dislike me.

Boy, did this message get dark.

I think the ES show was outstanding. It was a little smaller, I think the were
190+ cars. I think it could grow a little but there was a time that it was too
big. As I understood it the German made trophies were sent back at the US
border and returned to Germany. People got ribbons, not IOUs. And I am sure
they will receive their trophies. Paul got a First Place blue ribbon and he
kept it in his pocket so he could wave it in people's faces. He couldn't have
done that with a trophy. The weather was great, just enough clouds to keep the
temps down.

Thanks for all the peeps who came. The rest of you missed stuff that will never
happen again. Those days are gone. You can never get them back. For the rest of
you life you will wonder, "What if..."

Neenerneener.