[tcb] We're homeless

  • From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx " <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 02:22:31 +0000 (UTC)

Hey all TCBers,

After eight months on the market, we finally have a contract on the house.
Emily and I along with help from friends moved everything out of house and into
4 storerooms. We are living in a 550ft garage apartment outside of Huntsville.
Phil and Karen Douglas (friends of over 20 years) are letting us stay here .
The only condition is that I have to get their VWs running again. Most of the 3
bugs that they have have been sitting for at least 10 years but they are stored
in a aircraft hanger. 2 need engines rebuilt and all 3 need complete brake
system overhauls. Em and I are doing fine but are a little bummed about selling
the house because we really loved that house. We are both working for the
prison system, I am a correctional officer at the Eastham unit and Emily works
in the mail room at the Ferguson unit.

We hated not being able to come to T@P but I had to work and my request for
time off was denied. I had to work Thanksgiving day also. We sure miss seeing
everyone and hope we will be able to join back with the TCB festivities as soon
as we can.

This is just to let everyone know what's going on and that we are still alive
and doing well.

Hope everyone is well and have Happy Holidays.

Mark and Emily Sawyer.