[tcb] Well, the heavy part is done ... mostly

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:32:13 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

http://www.sysmatrix.net/gerald/Rivi/Almost/page1.htm

Engine in but I have to drop the back far enough to remove and turn-around
the rear hanger supports, put the dang things on backwards and could only
get the bolts into one of them. Needed to support the engine and swap out
the bolts for the hanger supports anyway because I didn't have any and used
4 carriage bolts I bought at Wally World because it was nearby and they
would work to hold it for now (while it's not actually moving).

Now come the joys of replacing fuel lines, hooking up fuel pump and
regulator, maybe relocating fuel pump, not sure I like it actually IN the
engine compartment where it is now.

Hooking the clutch cable back up.

Putting the few pieces of tin back on that I left off for ease of
installation.

Routing/attaching the throttle cable.

Tracking down all the wires.

Unplugging all the holes Jake taped up for shipping/storage (and calling to
make sure I didn't forget any).

Changing the oil.

Filling the tranny.

Wheeeeeeee!!!!!

Once I get the rear hanger situation squared away I'll use a come-along to
pull the back up on ramps so I can move around under there easier.

3 more weeks to my Jerome time off..........