[tcb] Re: Welding the Safari brackets.

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 21:52:03 -0500

I've been trying to find a video that is out there that shows how to plug weld the brackets through the mounting holes. It was really cool if I could just find it!

Of course that takes skills I don't have. It took me all of Sunday just to get one shock absorber and the rear right brakes on correctly. I was going to start off with screws, and then weld later.

On Mar 8, 2009, at 9:10 PM, Denis wrote:

Every Safari maker insists that you must weld on the brackets. I wanted to powder coat the brackets, but welding will ruin that, and if I just want to paint them I have to weld them in place and then paint them. A pain in my tucas. Do I really really need to weld them?