[tcb] Re: Welcome!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 18:37:29 -0800 (PST)

Just like anything, only takes time and money!

Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Hi Mark-

Oh, I've found the unit that'll do it.........it's just gonna take some time
and a LOT of money to acquire it.  Gilmore Enterprises out of Florida makes a
system using modern and lighter components that take the new freon, weigh a
fraction of the original aftermarket ones, use only 1-1/2 HP (compared to up to
10HP on the old ones), and best of all, don't require cutting the tin at the
rear to accomodate the compressor (it rides underneath!).

Only $1500.00 plus shipping!  If you drive to Florida, he'll install it for
$500.00~!

Just as soon as I win the Texas Lottery, I'll be giving him a call!  LOL!

Mike Selvey
Nacogdoches, TX
'79 Westy (Santa Fe Edition)

Mark Sawyer wrote:
    I'm not sure if anyone makes a underdash A/C for bay windows. My Vanagon
has A/C but I don't use it. All the freon lines need to be replaced and it's
just too expensive to worry about.
  No A/C is just part of the VW experience!