[tcb] Re: Weekend at Woodalls

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 13:07:01 -0600

How did you lower your bus while keeping the RDs? Did you just re-adjust your springplates? If you have to pull everything to fix the bearings in the RDs, is this your opportunity to get rid of them?

Maybe this is your oportunity
----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Woodall" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    From: "Eric Woodall"
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Hehr Jalousie Window Restoration Questions.
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:44:22 -0600 (CST)
Yeah, it sure does Mark!
I am still gathering parts, so when I get that all done and new glass cut
I will plan something out...
It looks like after I have everything disassembled, it shouldn't be too
difficult to get at the rivets with some tools.

> Sounds like the beginning of a work weekend at Eric's
>
> Eric Woodall  wrote: Hey everyone,
> I know there are some Westy freaks on this list so...
> I recently acquired some original jalousie windows (thanks Peter!),
and I
> have some questions  about some different aspects of putting them
together.

> 1) Some of the clips that hold the windows in need to be repaced.
These
> are riveted together, and I am going to need to drill out the rivets.
Is
> there a certain tool that I should use to put the new rivits in?
>
> 2) I also need to replace the mesh screen on the screen frames. Is
there
> some type of window company that should be able to do this?
>
> I can tell already that this is going to be a lot of work to get 6
working
> windows, but it will be soooo nice to have them installed in the bus.
> I can't wait!

 The MSN Entertainment Guide to Golden Globes is here.  Get all the scoop.