[tcb] Re: Was having one bad day on Friday,but I am ok now...

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 02:19:36 -0500 (Central Standard Time)

The Rivi Way to fix OE (bus content).

Search for files ending in ".dbx". They should all be in one folder. On my
WindowsXP box for my test setup of OE they are in:

<C:\Documents_and_Settings\Gerald\Local_Settings\Application_Data\Identities\{DF2A74A7-8473-4852-9F9B-D3ECED73DB7D}\Microsoft\Outlook_Express>

Make sure you are looking at the old ones and not the store from your new
install (check file dates).

Copy every file in that folder to another folder (like on your desktop)
that is easier to find/type. They all have to be in ONE FOLDER.

Now, in OE6:

Click FILE
Go to IMPORT
Click MESSAGES
Click "Microsoft Outlook Express 6"
Click NEXT
Click "Import Mail from an OE6 store directory"
Click OK
Use the BROWSE button to find the folder where you saved all of the old .dbx
files
Click OK

Gerald