[tcb] Re: @WL Re: chuck

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 10:14:23 -0600

Damn; what would we do without Denis.  He's amazing.

Denis, I'm from the old school also. In restoring the 60 DD panel van I'm going to a great deal of work to restore this thing original. You can't believe the hours spent rebuilding a 28 carb, original fuel pump, all of the linkage for the carb, the choke (an entire magazine article to detail all of the work just on the choke), the linkage and wire for the fuel reserve etc. And these guys want to trash all of that wonderful German engineering and put in a computer...............Cheez.
Sammie

At 11:52 PM 2/9/2006, you wrote:
I adjust my fuel and air mix and my RPM while I am driving, too.

I use my foot to push down the pedal doohickey that works ona pivot kinda deal and pulls a wire that goes back to the engine and pulls a lever whatchcallit and it lets gas in to mix with air and it makes by bus go zoom. I can make it go slow or fast.

As far as squirting I do some of that, too, but I try to get out of the bus first.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2006 8:58 PM Subject: @WL [tcb] Re: chuck

You also can use a throttle body injector ,if necessary.
ole blue
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Martin" <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>