[tcb] Volks Down in Texas Show

  • From: treyjung@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:10:30 +0000 (UTC)

Went to the Volks Show today at the Drive in  Theater  in Hockley (Northwest of
Houston)- Great place for a VW show - turn out was light- 1st time for the show
I think - I was one of the 2 buses there - 24 entries I think. This show has
huge potential, the drive in is really cool - I remember Ronnie Hughes talking
about when CARS came out. They had a DJ playing great music with an awesome
sound system (Gerald would be so excited) about 9,000 watts - 3 way with
sub-sytem-Active EQ etc ...
I didn't go the show yesterday -I heard the turn out was light too but it would
be really cool to camp out there and catch the Saturday night movie _
Madagascar is playing there now- great flick for the kids- huge place for the
kids to run and dogs too
I didn't know anyone there - someone said there was another vw show this
weekend in Texas - anyone know?
Next time around - try and catch it - I think with some advertising and getting
the word out  this could really be the show to make in Houston.-

Trey (camping would be so cool too)