[tcb] Re: Very unusual nut problem

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Do you mean the nut was there but no cotter key???

singlecabboy <sealingwaxred@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  I had a leaking rear axle seal
at Eureka Springs this
past month . Thank goodness I had trailered it or we
would have been putting a new seal in on Sat. nuight .
I trailered the truck home and several daze later Bob
and I fixed the seal .When we took the wheel off we
found that there was a cotter key on the axtle
...........but no axtle nut . This was on the drivers
side . It didn't leak at all till the Sat. morning of
the show . I don't see anyway for anyone to not put
the nut on and put a cotter key on ? I'd say I dodged
a large bullet this time .... Anyway the zone is on
the road again and life is good and ready for the trip
to Rusty Wallis on Friday

Paul Smith

www.23window.com/thezone

H.B.B