[tcb] Vanagons win in Cincinnati also

  • From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Texas Coalition of Buses" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:18:42 -0700

Every street I drive around on here, people cannot believe what they see. It is
freaking crazy. Most people get pissed being behind me - I can see their white
knuckles at 10 and 2. I have heard two people say, "Check out that van!"
driving through intersections. Most people here drive mid-size or smaller cars.
I guess because of the narrow streets.

I have seen 3 VWs - all Vanagons. An 83 Westy, an 85 Wolfy and a white GL with
a HotVWs sticker.

We're missing a VW drag meet near here this coming weekend. I'm bummed. The
biggest show here apparently is a VW/Porsche reunion where most of the cars are
Porsches from the looks of things.