[tcb] Vanagon Suspension and other Questions

  • From: j duncan <whocanduncan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ".TCP" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 02:40:27 -0500

Can anyone lead me to a website that discusses lowering the suspension for
vanagons?

What opinions do you have about placing "knuckles" in a spring to tighten it up?

Also,I need two more stickers for restoration: one is from the state of CA,
which I'll try to get from them. It's a Cert. of Compliance for the propane and
"housing" plumbing. It reads:

"A recreational vehicle bearing a department insignia shall not have it's fire
safety, plumbing heat producing or electrical equipment and installations
altered or converted unless approval is first obtained from the department.
Health and Safety Division 13, Part 2"

Sounds like California, doesn't it? The label actually "belongs to," and "is
the property of," the state of California. Question:  What happens if I simply
take it off when I have Freedom painted and don't return it to "the state"?

The other label I need help on finding is the original manufacture's sticker
for the Westy conversion. It reads:

Manufactured by:
Westfalia-Werke
Franz Knobel & Sohne KG
Wiedenbruck - Germany
Plan approval No. 9994
ID No. 99-309
Month + Year ______________

This one is kinda im-po-tant, atleast for my goals. Any ideas?

BTW:  life is good. Edward at Hewitt VW in Austin helped me find some
important, hard-to-find parts for Freedom. Thanks, bud!
Wait 'til you guys see Freedom when he's painted! Woohoo!!