[tcb] Valve problems

  • From: John Barry <bigfoot51102@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:50:37 -0500

I have a 1977 Westy that wants to give me fits!
Lonnie and I built the 2.0 liter, solid lifters with dual carbs. When I take it
for a road trip like to T@P from Ft. Worth, I have to readjust the valves when
I get home. The number 3 and 4 cylinders are the worst. Usually both exhaust
valve are tight and one of the intakes are too. I am getting frustrated with it
and want to be able to use it as a daily driver but don't want to adjust the
valves every week or so. I know I could go to hydraulic valves but feel that
would be like putting a bandaid on instead of fixing the problem.
Any input on what you have done or maybe a solution you may have heard once,
share with me please. I don't want my bus to be too much hassle to drive when
the feeling hits.
Thanks, John.

Sent from behind a tree in the woods.