[tcb] Re: VW bus people are different

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 09:29:50 -0500

And kill deer and trees
On Dec 2, 2010 9:07 AM, "sammie smith" <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, bus people are different.  Some of them are so different that they
drive around with no e-brake, and no spare tire.

dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Wednesday, December 1, 2010, 9:44 PM
>

> So, I am driving up to Eureka Springs to go bar hopping with Dave,  Brad
and the beautiful Claudette. I was thinking, “jeez, there is a bunch of
vibration”. I am thinking transmission, I donno. And the steering is
sluggish. I get to Eureka and a stop sign and I open the driver’s door and
look down to see… a flat. %#@!

> Well, since I ran in to the deer, and I have this oil leak, Murray had
been put away for the season until I got the call of coming to Eureka for
big fun. In for the season means that I have basically stripped the
interior…INCLUDING MY SPARE TIRE! And, since I have the wide 5 EMPI mags, I
require a stud and nut system (Sammie knows) so to put on a regular 15”
spare I need stock lug nuts, which are attached to my spare WHICH IS AT
HOME. So Brad and Dave both came to the gas station, where I had landed on a
wing and a prayer, in their buses where we figured out that I could use
Dave’s good spare and everyone had to give up lug nuts to give me enough to
get mobile. Phew!

> The gas station guy, who watched the whole drama as we used the bathroom
to wash up or sold me Fix-a-flat, was fascinated, in an old guy sorta way,
that we had fixed and were on our way. That is not the first time that
spectators were amazed that we were fixed and had to go, thank you.