[tcb] Re: VW Bus Roadside Emergency Kit?? (Non Surf Related)

  • From: "Dan" <ThatVWGuy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 19:10:22 -0400

First of all I should mention that I travel long distances in my busses so this
list may seem excessive for those that don't travel far from home.  It looks
like a long list but this stuff really doesn't take up that much room or cost
that much money.  It will easily fit under your back seat with the kick panel
in place.  I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but this is most of it.

Parts:
Distributor, complete with points installed and gapped
Distributor cap
Spark plugs
Plug Wires
Coil
Fuel pump
Alternator
Starter
Shift rod coupler
Carb rebuild kit
Clutch cable
Accelerator cable
Wheels cylinders, one of each
Wheel bearings, one of each
Fuses
Valve cover gaskets
Extra bulbs
Extra metric nuts, bolts, and screws.
Alternator pulley and shims
Fan belt
Gasket kit
Spring loaded push rod tubes

Tools:
Complete set of metric combination wrenches
Complete metric socket set
Feeler gauges
4-way
Misc. screwdrivers
Small mirror
Timing light
Magnet on a stick
Floor jack
Extra wire
Tow strap
BFH
LFH
Vise grips
Duct Tape
Shop towels
Hand cleaner
Moving pad (great for laying on in the dirt/mud)
Stocking cap (to keep crap out of your hair)
Repair manuals
Gaska-cinch
WD-40 or similar
Axle grease

Misc.
Flashlight
Atlas
Cell phone
Phone card
Visa

-Dan
6,000 miles in a '58 Crew Cab in June of 2002 plus many other trips in the
1,000 - 2,500 mile range..