[tcb] Re: VW Bus Roadside Emergency Kit?? (Non Surf Related)

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 15:25:56 -0700 (PDT)

A Fire Extinguisher. Don't be a spectator.

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:   Oh yeah I can't believe I
forgot, a flashlight! I know it sounds obvious but I always forget one.
Everything else is useless at night without a flashlight. Working on your bus
on the side of the road by the light of oncoming car's headlights isn't fun at
all.

  On 8/24/07, Ten Over Surf Co. <tenover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:     Great,
thanks for the suggestions...trying to be prepared. My old scoutmaster would be
proud!

Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  oh yeah and some electrical wires and connectors just incase something
wiggles free

  On 8/24/07, Shelby Shook <sloweyefasthand@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:   A funnel
(honestly...i broke down once and REALLY needed one for gas)), basic tool box,
extra set of points that are already gapped properly, oil, tire axel,  just
basic stuff I guess. That's what I always have with me. Hayden used to carry an
extra battery...that was pretty funny. I'm sure someone else would give you a
much better list...but that's what I usually have.

  On 8/24/07, Ten Over Surf Co. <tenover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx > wrote:

Does anybody have a list of tools or spare parts they carry around with them to
avoid breakdowns?

  Thanks in advance.

  Steve