[tcb] Update

  • From: Ronnie Hughes <fracdogii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 12:05:24 -0800 (PST)

Brakes - I adjusted the brakes unti they just barely make a noise and that
fixed the low pedal problems.  Thanks Shirley and others for the advice.

Thanks to Gary at Pinemont Auto Salvage, I found a good used steering box and
changed it out.  Much better.   The one I found even had a metal tag on it
showing that it was rebuilt.  $50 is much better than $319 plus freight, plus
$150 core charge from Bus-Boys.

Still messing with the Weber carb.  I can't reach the idle mixing screw with
any tools I have.  Any suggestions?

Drove up to the gas station this AM.  No side windows, so it was cool....

Krusty runs good, a little rich but has lots of power.

Throw out bearing howls a little when you push the clutch in, something isn't
right there, but good enough for right now.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Ronnie

Be a better friend, newshound, and