[tcb] Re: Unrelated

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 17:37:15 -0700 (PDT)

Yeah.  I meat a really neat couple on my recent California Treffen and one day
the guy was wearing an Angel shirt.  Of course I started kidding him, told them
I was really pulling for the Angels, to win the wild card spot.  They were
driving a Thing and pulling a trailer for the whole 1,000 miles with their big
German Sheppard dog in the back seat.  Couple of days into the cruise and I
found out the dogs name was Ranger.  Course then I really let them have it.
Told them they should give the dog a first name, Texas, and then they could
call him Tex.

But I am still miffed at the Rangers for trading Chris Davis.  Chris's dad,
grandmother, and great aunt all live in Nacogdoches.  His great aunt just two
doors down on my street.  I think the Ranger management had his head so mixed
up he couldn't hit.  In the last 30 days with Baltimore he has hit .300, and
the guy the Rangers kept, Mitch Moreland, in the same time frame has hit .157.
Chris is going to be a gold glove first baseman and make the all-stars one of
these days.  At best Mitch Moreland is going to be a journeyman player.