[tcb] Re: Type IV timing question

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 09:01:54 -0700 (PDT)

I agree.  I don't think timing is your problem.  It should run good at 7.5
static and it should idle with no problem at 700-750.  If you have to run it up
to 1,000 rpm to idle smooth you have problems other than timing.  Don't have a
good recommendation on a mechanic other than the normal ones:  Lyle Cherry and
Doug at Qualitat.  Maybe some of the DFW people can chime in.

From: Lonnie & Bonnie <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, May 14, 2012, 9:17 AM

According to Muir, never exceed 35 deg, 32 is considered best, 28 is considered
tame.

From: bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx <bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Type IV timing question
To: "Texas Buses" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Monday, May 14, 2012, 8:30 AM

What is the recommended total advance on a 2.0l GE code type IV motor?  I am
not able to locate that information in the Bentley or other manuals.