[tcb] Re: Type IV oil leak

  • From: Bill <bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 10:40:25 -0500

My oil sender had a cover on it that was blocking the view.  I took that out
and cleaned the area with spray brake cleaner.  Once cleaned up you can
actually see the top oil cooler seal looking straight down the cooling tin
hole for the sender.  I actually never saw it leaking.  I decided that I
would start at the path of least resistance and replace a $4 part first.
Just dumb luck this time.