[tcb] Re: Type IV Oil Leak Issues

  • From: Bill <bbauer2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 17:44:18 -0500

I finally have found the culprit.  I guess the dip stick tube boot I
purchased was either the wrong size or has expanded for some reason.  When I
took it off it was almost twice as wide as it needed to be.  I used some
black silicone and a zip tie on the new one in case it decides to expand as
well.  Strange this is that the one I replaced had no real mileage on it.

Now I need to diagnose why it struggles to maintain 50 mph.  It feels like
my timing is off even though it is set to the book.

-Bill