[tcb] Re: Two Questions??

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 23:19:13 -0600

Ronnie, Murray has had all these problems and when I went in I usually found
that replacement was not necessary. I have to ask, though, Rusty is a bay,
right? Your problems sound like Splitty stuff, so I'll tell you what I learned
from the Splitty.

You have probably adjusted the stars at the wheel, right? Well, there is an
adjustment at the master cylinder that will move the pedal up or down. Try
that. as far a the steering box goes, have you cracked it open? It is VERY
simple. There is a worm gear with a slider that goes up and down that moves the
drag (?) link. Don't be afraid to open it up, I did it way before  knew
anything. If it truly had no oil in it, that might be good news because that
means that when you do open it up you might be able to clean out the spider
webs and crud, lube it up real good, fill it up with gear oil, adjust it tight
and back it off just a tiny tiny bit until you can barely feel the high spot,
and you will be good to go. I think a lot of people think that their steering
boxes are shot, but they are just dirty. Steering boxes seem to be the rarest
of the gotta have one pieces. They are very expensive and Wolfgang (my favorite
supplier) won't send you one until they receive yours. There are no cores.

I love my dual Kadrons. Say what you will, they are the simplest, bang for the
buck, easy to balance...I can't imagine why I would let them go. I am probably
wrong and now I will hear about it.