[tcb] Trip Report: TWO GREAT FEAKIN SHOWS!

  • From: KatrinaMartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:39:02 -0500

We had such a great time! Paul and Louis your the best!
First we headed up to Temple, with a Bay Window(us), 2 Vanagon's
(Mark&Emily,Jack&Tina) and a Bug(Jack&Tina). Then met up with another
Bay Window(Ronnie). The trip up there was just wonderful, it was cool
all day. Took us 3 hours & 45 minutes to get to Morgan's Point Resort,
left at noon got there at 3:45pm. As soon as we arrived to the
baseball park there was a few buses already there. We parked beside
two very cool peeps, one from Canada, Jerome(just pokin' fun he really
lives in McKinney now)and his friend Nick from Dallas. A lot of other
peeps showed up also. Denis didn't get there until 8pm, slacker. By
the way today is Denis' Birthday, lets' all sing Happy Birthday 1 2 3
4, Happy Birthday to you , Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Dear
Denis Happy Birthday to you, and many more...
We all party'ed until midnight then went to bed. Then some of us got
up about 7am on Saturday mornin', except for Steve & Sharon they were
up at 4am I am sure. By the way Steve Chamberlain almost wasn't able
to go to these 2 wonderful shows, but he did, glad you could make it
Steve! I drove Denis' toyota truck to the show jamming to Green Day &
Bowling for Soup. The show was just great, everyone petted the dog and
the Volkswagens were just sparkling. DAC was there, well some of DAC
that is. I talked to many nice people all day. Bob made the coolest
single cab toy I have ever seen, but hey when Bob does anything it's
just spectacular. Ooh yah and there was a money machine that was out
in front of the HEB, Christin grabbed 37 dollars. Denis got a motel
room so everyone could shower, so Dan went to go take a shower. Ten
minutes after he left they started doing the awards. But,he got back
in time to see most of the awards anyway, then I went to go shower and
came back and Homer got a Daily Driver Award. Thanks to everyone who
voted for us! Denis finally wins an award and won two awards and he
wasn't even there. I love the trophies Bob made. We all got back to
the campsite and had hamburgers for dinner. Then we all party'ed again
and some of us stayed up until 2am. When Dan & I got up on Sunday
morning we both had hangovers, until we ate breakfast (that Ronnie
made for us)then we were feeling ok after that. Thanks to everyone
that helped make breakfast tacos. Hey I had Dan cooking and that is
unusual.LOL. It was so neat to have a Volkswagen show at the same
place you camp the night before. Just get up and hey your at a
Volkswagen show. Homer won another Daily Driver Award, thanks
everyone. Bob also did the awards so they were just great. I had such
a good time hanging out with such spectacular Volkswagen peeps, I
can't wait until next year. Dan&I, Mark&Emily, Eric&Amy&Olivar, and
also some other guy cruised back to Houston at 2:00PM. Dan & I got
home at 5:45pm. We were exausted when we got back home, from having
soooooo much fun all weekend.

Katrina & Dan Martin
71'bus "Homer"
http://homepage.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin