[tcb] Trip Report: Lake Mexia

  • From: J Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:22:14 -0500

Friday:

Chuck and Sue poured through a driving rain thinking that's how it was
going to be all weekend. Me and Cindy drove up through a gorgeousmous
sunset knowing it was going to be a great camping weekend. We didn't care
if it rained or not, we were camping with friends in a bus. How bad can
that be?

Saturday was even better. We had homemade pizzas, got a butterfly drunk and
made a friend that we had to leave behind (poor puppy). The day could not
have been better. It was a full day of fun and relaxation with friends in a
bus. What could be better?

Saturday evening Chuck got to drive Freedom and down the same road Robb did
a few years earlier. Chuck was afraid of the gas pedal. ;)

We thought of everyone but missed no one. The puppies got along great as
long as Noland, the stray mentioned earlier, stayed away from Maggie's home
away from home: Bluebus.

And a sign mysteriously appeared telling all other campers where the VWs
were parked.

Sunday was a delightful morning with Sour Dough Pancakes and bacon. Mmmmmm.
It was a mellow morning watching bus friends load up the gear. Who can wish
for more?

Photos of Lake Mexia:
https://col124.mail.live.com/default.aspx#n=160440192&fid=1&fav=1&mid=317dfb96-9f62-11e1-8f3e-00215ad7febe&fv=1

(Let me know if the link doesn't work.)