[tcb] Re: Transaxel

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 06:35:24 -0800 (PST)

Steve:  Give Clarke Watts Jr. a call in Longview.  Clarke has left Oakhill
Auto, as has the other son Daniel, but Clarke Jr. has set up his own shop and
is still doing Transaxles.  His cell # is 903-806-1771.  Also Damon Harmon
builds both engines and Transaxles as well as Kelley Huffman at Bugstop.  Not
sure who Kelley's tranny and engine guy is but Ray Decker seems well pleased
with both his engine and tranny in his bus that was done at Kelley's shop.
With the passing of Lyle and the apparent family split at Oakhill Auto I am
sort of at a loss right now on who to go to for future engine builds, and for
that matter, just about anything VW mechanic related.