[tcb] Tranny oil/Dizzy cap ?s

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 15:46:53 -0500

I replaced the tranny in my '71 a few 1000 miles ago with a freshly rebuilt
one.

Is it a good idea to change the tranny oil now that it has some breaking in
miles on it?

If yes, is one brand of 80-90 weight oil better than another?

When I took the distributor cap off on top of the middle of the rotor and on
the little metal post that is inside the middle of the cap where black and
gritty?  What is that about?  It was not like this when I switched the
electronic ignition on the side of the road a few weeks ago.  The Bus seems to
be running fine.

Julie