[tcb] Re: Towing a bus

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:03:50 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Ahhh ---- '68 standard bug = swing, not IRS (like you said). '68 autostick
was IRS. '69 they all went IRS.

You can't disconnect anything. Tranny fluid flows through your axle tubes
to the wheel bearings.

But, on the bright side, you can tow with 4 wheels down without worrying
about over-revving the RGBs. As long as your shifter is "tight" and won't
accidentally bounce into gear you should be good up to around 55 or 60 mph,
just like if you were driving it.

Gerald