[tcb] Re: Timing - stock 1600 DP

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 19:07:21 -0700 (PDT)

Ronnie:  Here is what I do.  Set it static at 7 to 8 degrees BTDC.  Then put
your strobe on there and check it at 3,000 rpm or so, not full throttle.  It
should be around 28-30 degrees BTDC.  Most people recommend around 30 degrees
at full advance.  That is what I use.  Some will say as much as 32.  Personally
I like to be a bit conservative and stick with 30.  I do not know what
distributor you are running.  Sounds like stock or an SVDA.  With the 009 it
should be around 7 at static, maybe 8 or 9 at idle and 30 total at around
2,500-3,000 rpms..  The 009s normally advance a total of just about 23 degrees.