[tcb] Re: Timing question

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:40:34 -0800 (PST)

Thanks, that's a good idea. alot easier than splitting the case again.

Lonnie Bergman <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:  IF you're only 99.9% sure
the cam timing is correct and have even that .1%
of doubt, there is a way to check cam timing without splitting the case.

With the crank at 90 deg btdc, remove crank pulley and oil pump. The key on
the crank will be straight up and in line with the split of the case halves.
If the cam timing is correct, the slot in the cam will also be lined up with
the split of the case halves. Even one tooth off will be very noticeable.

Lonnie