[tcb] Re: Time to look for parts

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 10:00:51 -0700 (PDT)

It's always been my opinion that if your going to pull the heads then go ahead
and split the case and replace the bearings and the oil pump. no telling what
kind of trash has been introduced into the oiling system. Your only talking
another $50.00-100.00 worth of parts.

I did the same on the engine in my thing a couple of years ago and it was the
piston and rings. When I pulled the heads you could see the grooves right
away.
A set of jugs and pistons with ring should do ya, but I would pull the heads
and check it out, could be a valve or something else.

Quoting Denis Dodson :