[tcb] Re: Time to get serious

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 19:46:36 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

Hmmm, only 2.5 months to change bearings and do the brakes..... I don't know
about that.

There was an off list offer to help me get it done NOW but we all know my
work schedule is so screwy no-one can really do much. "Normal people" are off
weekends so that's when help would be available. That's when I work (unless
there are freaks like me who would help between midnight and 7am <grin>).

I'm facing the same thing with Dad's stuff. I have to empty his house but all
the family that can help -- can only help on weekends. I'll be doing it
Mon/Tue/Wed when I'm off.

My plans this year were to shoot for and Aug/Sep/Oct triplet. PsychoBilly,
JBB, and Jerome (can we change PsychoBilly to "JpsychoBilly" so it has a "J"
too?). Now, it'll probably be mid July before I even go open the storage unit
and look at the Rivi again. Full plate.

[BIG chunk deleted -- started "thinking out loud" and "laundry listing" all
the stuff I'm just realizing has to be taken care of]

Anyway, I think the point of this message started out as "I have no idea if
I'll have the bus ready -- even by August". It can't even be towed to shows
now because of the bearings.

I had plans to attend PS 1.5 in May when the sh$*%$@ hit the fan. Even made
it a point to keep my intentions off list since that seems to jinx any plans
I make.

OOhh OOhh -- may have a house to buy in August too -- almost forgot about
that. Owner should be in the country some time in August and I'll have that
to take care of.

Maybe I'll start working on that time-pausing machine I was designing again.
Put time on hold for a few days to work on the Rivi. Yeah -- I'll go back to
work on that in the spare time I have right now. :-D

Gerald