[tcb] Time to get serious

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:57:37 -0500

I am going to start sending mail and stuff to all the VW people in the world
about coming to my house the Friday before Eureka Springs.

My helper here, Travis, who some of you met, has been giving me a hard time
because I had such big plan for 10 busses and only 3 showed up. Personally I
had a great time, but now I am planning some extra power drops with lots of
outlets for AC and water and a couple of porta potties in addition to the house
and trailer toilets and I am putting in an outdoor hot water shower, so that we
will have 3.

And then there is the food. My brother-in-law, Chuck, makes a killer brisket
and he says that 2 will feed 30 people, or 10 of us. I don't guess I shouldn't
get all excited about the stupid pig idea unless I expect an army.

And then there are the explosives. Dan would have me buy $1000 worth even if he
were alone, but right now the budget is about $400, $100 more than in May, but
if only 5 people are coming, I'll just get Dan some firecrackers and smoke
bombs. Maybe some sparklers.

So, anyway, let's all think about who and how many could we plan on. Count
yourself and any contacts you might have. With all the folks who come to the ES
show anyway we could have a pretty good crowd here.

Maybe we should put it out there as a TCB event.