[tcb] Re: Tight exhaust valves

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 19:15:08 -0500

Don't worry you're good.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Julie" <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2012 7:06 PM
Subject: [tcb] Tight exhaust valves

Last week I was asking about the gurgling sound in my carb after I turn engine off in my '68 zebra Bus. And tomorrow I am bringing him to my mechanic to mess with his carb. So right now I am adjusting his valves and changing his oil so that he is in tip top shape for the mechanic to work his magic. And all 4 exhaust valves are tight. I adjust to .006. 1-3 were tight but I could get a .005 or .004 gauge in them. But the 4 was tightest of all. The biggest gauge I could get in was a .002.

This seems scary too me. Am I worried about nothing? Do I have a problem with my exhaust? Is it because he has been running too hot and when if the mechanic gets his carb better, my problem will be solved? This engine doesn't have too many miles on it and has always performed well.

-----
No virus found in this message.