[tcb] Re: The end?

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:14:05 -0400

Denis, I think there's only so many discussions around VWs.  It's kinda like
the Samba joke "How Do I lower my bus?"  You can only write so much on the
subject.

Right now I'm contemplating culling the herd as it were.  I don't have the
time and frankly my weekends are becoming more personal time than going out
and wrenching.

It's all about priorities right now and VWs aren't the number one leisure
activity for some, including me.

To elaborate:  Last Week my son decided to bust a caliper bolt and bring the
fastback home on a tow truck because the ignition quit.   I think he was
pensive about it because he told me about that bolt and I told him not to
drive it until repaired.  Anyway,  Did I work on it this weekend?  Nope....
Next weekend family is on the east coast so it'll be a couple of weeks
before I want to get greasy with it.

Right now I'm kinda "If I can't just turn the key... It'll have to wait."

I'm also hunting for a paint job for the 63 DC since the engine's out of it
and I'm planning some diabolical mods for it.  Problem is I'm 1300 miles
from it so it's difficult to get estimates done..

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx