[tcb] Re: The Continuing Adventures of Soundproofing

  • From: whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: "TCB" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 05:11:33 +0000

But it's recession proof.

Just park it where the doggies roam.

Sent from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
Sender: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:08:00
To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] Re: The Continuing Adventures of Soundproofing

  If I'm not careful it's gonna be my R.H. Retirement home.

Sender:  tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 22:00:22 -0700 (PDT)To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>ReplyTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  *SNAP* The rubber! Duh.   That will help. I guess that's next on the list.

Sender:  tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:51:41 -0700 (PDT)To: Texas Coalition of
Buses<tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>ReplyTo:  tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] The Continuing Adventures of Soundproofing
  As you may have already read, I did my front doors, rear hatch and the metal
above the engine a couple days ago. It made the door speakers sound much better
and gave the doors a good solid *thunk* sound but had no effect on road noise.
  Today I did the inside of the cargo door and the floor space between the
front seats. (walk through) I had read about that floor space being noisy so I
doubled up on the Window Wrap and laid down a layer of that foil covered bubble
wrap insulation there.
  This made a very noticeable improvement in road noise already. At 55mph the
wind noise is now louder than the mechanical reverberation. Nearly brought a
tear to me eye, it did.
  The mechanical reverb that I could still hear was now clearly
 coming more from behind me, whereas before it seemed to loom at me from all
directions.
  This
 has been the best $20 I've spent on Buckminster so far and installation was a
cinch.  I can't wait to finish the rest of the floor next week. But I doubt I
will do any more than that. One can only make a bus so quiet before hitting the
wind noise barrier. Once the mechanical vibrations are drowned out by the
roaring wind noise there is little more one can do. I'm just happy to hear my
music again.