[tcb] Re: The Best LED Dash Lights, Finally

  • From: kelly dosch <kellydosch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

  It doesn't matter if it's a 1946 Ford tractor. The light comes from the
generator or alternator. The generator/alternator gets it's energy by putting
significant drag on the engine when it engages. That drag causes drops in fuel
efficiency in the same way that an air conditioner does.
   If you have ever had a generator on a bicycle then you know just how much
energy it takes to run one tiny bulb. When you engage the generator it's
suddenly like you're peddling uphill.
  Everything a car (or bus) does, from rear defrosters to windshield wipers is
ultimately getting it's power from gasoline, just like a bicycle generator
draws power from one's legs.
  Just changing dash lights won't do much, but every little thing adds up and
brings us a little bit closer to healthier planet. Just sayin'  ;)

Sender:  tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 10:38:31 -0500To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>ReplyTo:
tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

   All of the bulbs in my Scirocco have
been replaced by LEDs except the head lamps.I can't believe that they will make
any difference in the fuel mileage.That sounds like sales talk to me.Increasing
your tire pressure by two or three psi will probably make more change in your
mileage.I have red LEDs for dash lights and I don't really like them that
much.Of course I haven't changed to white so they must not be to
bad.
oleblue