[tcb] Re: The Best LED Dash Lights, Finally

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 06:01:20 -0700 (PDT)

I don't use anything for sound proofing.  I love the sound old VWs make.  And
besides, from an old race car adage, weight uses horsepower, get rid of the
weight.  You want a quite ride, sell your bus and go buy an Escalade.

From: theresabuckner@xxxxxxx <theresabuckner@xxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sunday, April 10, 2011, 12:41 AM

 Hey Chuck      Looks like we need a list of thoes things that can not be
discussed here .      Lets see , now we have Poly ticks     Re- ligion    now
lite bulbs       terry

From: chuck <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 3:36 PM

It sure as hell isn't because they can increase mileage 2-3 mpg.I'm sure on a
VW bus there are lots of other things that would make a bigger mileage
improvement.Driving a toaster isn't contusive to good mileage.
oleblue

From: chuck <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 1:34 PM

2-3 mpg you are dreaming.
oleblue

From: chuck <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Saturday, April 9, 2011, 11:38 AM

   All of the bulbs in my Scirocco have been replaced by LEDs except the head
lamps..I can't believe that they will make any difference in the fuel
mileage.That sounds like sales talk to me.Increasing your tire pressure by two
or three psi will probably make more change in your mileage.I have red LEDs for
dash lights and I don't really like them that much.Of course I haven't changed
to white so they must not be to bad.
oleblue