[tcb] Re: The 88's ran great today

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 15:09:49 -0500

Will:
It's in the will!
Sammie

At 05:54 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote:
LOL, Sammie, you get the Iron Butt award. Oh and your daughter wants her Baja back ;-)

-----Original Message----- >From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> >Sent: Apr 3, 2006 4:03 PM >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >Subject: [tcb] Re: The 88's ran great today > >Ok: I gotta an answer for that one and an e-mail in the works to >VOSA. Warren is dictated to by the track. VOSA isn't. Longview has >already changed their show to avoid conflict with Ennis. We changed ours >last year. So how about VOSA putting the wheels in motion to move their >show up one week and we can go to both. The last two years I have driven >to the Longview show on Saturday morning (75 miles) left that show Saturday >afternoon and driven to the Boerne show (about 300+miles) left Boerne and >driven back to Nacogdoches (another 300+ miles) to go to work on Monday >morning. And all of this in a Baja just to make 2 VW shows. However, if >VOSA has their show on the same date as Ennis I obviously will have to miss >one show. Both shows will hurt their attendance. Warren can't change his >date. So I guess that leaves it up to VOSA. >Sammie > > >At 02:42 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote: >>The weather excuse for lack of partisipation can only >>be used so many times , There has got to be a change >>in attitude , the day of jus showing up on the day and >>putting it on are over , look at their ad in Hot VW , >>its the same ad with a date change thats been in there >>for years , The Oct show butts heads with Boerne this >>year . I have no choice but to go to Borne , and it's >>really not sour grapes from last year, Boerne has had >>the same date for years (third weekend) ,If its always >>the tracks fault, change locations? You are correct we >>don/t need to lose a major show, >> >>--- Will Wood <evilscientistboo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >> >> > I agree Sammie. But rain the week of Ennis never >> > bodes well for turnout. You did mention busses, but >> > there were only a handful that entered. Speaking as >> > a bus guy, IMO, custom bus and stock bus is too >> > coarse. No early, no late classes, no westy >> > class... Which is typical for Bus shows. I also >> > saw one/two entries lots of them on the sheets. >> > Maybe some consolidation of the bug classes? I >> > dunno. Top 50? Maybe. Some people expect that and >> > have adjusted their showing based upon that fact >> > that there isn't that many of a particular type or >> > class. The converse of that is how do you get >> > enough entrants to support a class based judging >> > right? >> > >> > There were a lot of nice cars in the show but there >> > is the socialization aspect of it. The Swap meet is >> > great, but the damn flippers were out in force. I >> > wonder how we can cull them out of the heard? LOL >> > >> > I'll point out that the Bug Swarm also saw a drop in >> > cars from 2004 to 2005, about 40 as I recall. Gas >> > prices, show format may have had more to do with >> > that. I'll hand out flyers, twist arms. I've had a >> > contingent from Missouri, Iowa and Illinois come >> > down the past two spring shows. >> > >> > Yeah, that "Yankee" is a friend of mine.. ;-) >> > >> > >> > -----Original Message----- >> > >From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx> >> > >Sent: Apr 3, 2006 10:36 AM >> > >To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx >> > >Subject: [tcb] Re: The 88's ran great today >> > > >> > >Paul: >> > >Great to see you and Joe (all Smith's are cousins >> > you know). And you are >> > >right about the show. Warren had a long talk with >> > all of the people >> > >working the show. My take on what he said is that >> > if we can't get up to 80 >> > >or more cars in the show, then there is not going >> > to be any more >> > >Ennis. Essentially, if you want Ennis to continue >> > with it's great swap >> > >meet and all of the other things positive that this >> > show creates, then you >> > >better show up at the show in October and bring a >> > friend. We had lots of >> > >nice cars and busses in the display only parking >> > lot that should have been >> > >in the show. Also a few in the swap area that >> > should have been in the >> > >show. There was a really nice 67 slider door panel >> > in the swap area that >> > >would have been a nice entrant in the show. First >> > slider door split window >> > >delivery van that I've seen. I know that some do >> > not like Ennis and I know >> > >that the cost is more than the club shows. But >> > guys/gals this show is good >> > >for the hobby and has been around a long time (over >> > 20 years). If we can't >> > >show some support by entering cars in the show this >> > October then Ennis is >> > >probably going to be history. Now is the time to >> > think about this and make >> > >sure we have a good turnout for the October show. >> > I remember when we had >> > >160+ cars in this show. Lets do it again. >> > >Sammie >> > > >> > > >> > >At 01:46 AM 4/3/2006, you wrote: >> > >>I kruzed up to Ennis this moning in fantastic kool >> > >>weather . Small show ,smaller swap meet , but had >> > a >> > >>great time , saw Mike Everett , Sharon , Denis and >> > >>Claudia , Jerry , Sammy , Will , , I'm probabbly >> > >>missing some of the folks that are on the list but >> > >>anyway , I don't understand why more folks don't >> > >>attend this show ? I hear all the aruments but I >> > still >> > >>love the show , Enough of the personal opinions , >> > Joe >> > >>and I left in a rush as a severe thunder storm was >> > >>insight and coming our way , we kruze over to >> > Alverado >> > >>via 287, Joe headed north on 35 to Burleson and I >> > >>headed west to Cleburn ,then south down through >> > >>Miridian ,Vally Mills Crawford and on home via 317 >> > , >> > >>fantastic scenery along that route , >> > > >> > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >>Paul Smith >>www.23window.com/thezone >>Praise The Lowered >>T.C.B. >>H.B.B. > > >