[tcb] Re: The 88's ran great today

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 16:03:41 -0500

Ok: I gotta an answer for that one and an e-mail in the works to VOSA. Warren is dictated to by the track. VOSA isn't. Longview has already changed their show to avoid conflict with Ennis. We changed ours last year. So how about VOSA putting the wheels in motion to move their show up one week and we can go to both. The last two years I have driven to the Longview show on Saturday morning (75 miles) left that show Saturday afternoon and driven to the Boerne show (about 300+miles) left Boerne and driven back to Nacogdoches (another 300+ miles) to go to work on Monday morning. And all of this in a Baja just to make 2 VW shows. However, if VOSA has their show on the same date as Ennis I obviously will have to miss one show. Both shows will hurt their attendance. Warren can't change his date. So I guess that leaves it up to VOSA.
Sammie

At 02:42 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote:

The weather excuse for lack of partisipation can only
be used so many times , There has got to be a change
in attitude , the day of jus showing up on the day and
putting it on are over , look at their ad in Hot VW ,
its the same ad with a date change thats been in there
for years , The Oct show butts heads with Boerne this
year . I have no choice but to go to Borne , and it's
really not sour grapes from last year, Boerne has had
the same date for years (third weekend) ,If its always
the tracks fault, change locations? You are correct we
don/t need to lose a major show,

Paul Smith www.23window.com/thezone Praise The Lowered T.C.B. H.B.B.