[tcb] Re: Texas Title Question

  • From: Neil McGlothin <nbmdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:40:54 -0800 (PST)

Thats good to know!  In my case, the original owner
had died in Arizonia years b/4 I bought the bus (from
his daughter)...she didn't have any paperwork and
didn't want to fill out a bill of sale...I did do a
check to see if it was stolen, wasn't so I went the
bonded route.

--- Ronnie Hughes <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you have a bill of sale, you don't need a title.
> You can go to the
> sheriff's department (I did it in Conroe) they will
> run the VIN number to
> see if it shows up stolen.  On my dune buggy, they
> checked the chassis
> number, 1957 bug, and the engine.  As long as
> everything checks out, you can
> apply for a new title in Texas.  It takes about one
> month to get the title
> back from Austin.  Your local county court house/tag
> agency will have all
> the paperwork you need to fill out.
>
> Good luck
>
> Fracdog

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If
you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've
never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop
thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in
which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater
than the need for an answer."

-- Ken Kesey