[tcb] Re: TX Cla't ssic News from FB

  • From: "Will" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 11:09:09 -0400

Facebook is da debil!

Seriously, &nbsp;there's no way I will ever use it except to haunt Robb.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
On Jun 11, 2010 8:23 AM, sammie smith &lt;bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
wrote:

Some of us absolutely detest Facebook.&nbsp; Can't we find a better way to
communicate?

From: atx &lt;atx_bus@xxxxxxxxx&gt;
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 20:56:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&lt;tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
Subject: [tcb] TX Classic News from FB

Our Plans for 2011

Well we've been allowed to rent Lady Bird Johnson park for another year, but
without camping in our usual area. The park has decided to only allow camping
in the RV park, which has very limited space.&nbsp;

We feel camping is a cornerstone of the event, the friendships forged by
campers brings people back year after year and the show just wouldn't be the
same without it. We plan to appeal to the Fredericksburg city council in an
effort to grant us use of the park for camping and appreciate any other voices
that might do so as well.&nbsp;

Other options include shifting the show to another location that allows camping
in or around Fredericksburg, or moving the show outright to a more VW-friendly
city. Both of these options require a suitable location. We've looked into the
Gillespie County Fairgrounds just up the street from LBJ Park but it wouldn't
be great for camping. We've considered state parks but that means leaving
Fredericksburg,
 which means moving to another city and the top of that list is Austin.
McKinney Falls in Austin seems like a good choice for its close proximity to a
major city as well as adequate camping and show-ground facilities. There are
other parks such as Pedernales Falls or Garner park on our list but they are
more out of the way and lack the "other stuff to do" provided by Fredericksburg
or Austin.

What do you guys think? We love LBJ Park but maybe it is time to move on and
find a new home.&nbsp;

Should we stay at the park even if it means no camping?&nbsp;

Should we stay in Fredericksburg but find another location?

Should we leave town and move the show to Austin or another city?

Got any suggestions for a suitable location anywhere in central Texas?

The 2011 Texas VW Classic will be held on April 16-17th 2011. It is currently
planned to be held once again at the Lady Bird Johnson Municipal park in
Fredericksburg, but
 that is likely to change unless we are allowed to camp in the park. We will
have a firm location by January so feel free to make reservations now with
plenty of time to cancel if we move.

Discuss this on our&nbsp;Facebook page here&nbsp;or&nbsp;send a private message
here.

Jeff

sent via iPhone